Mercabarna is a socially responsible company and therefore collaborates, through providing products, economic resources or support, with different organisations and events that have a charitable purpose. Highlights:
- The TV3 Marathon, an initiative to raise funds for research into different diseases, organised by Televisió de Catalunya.
- School Triathlon and Biathlon, an activity run by Barcelona City Council to promote physical activity among young people.
- Barcelona Magic Line, a charity walk aimed at funding different social projects at Sant Joan de Déu Hospital.
- The NGO Humana. Within the precinct, Mercabarna has a container for used clothing and shoes provided by this organisation which runs cooperation projects in different countries in Africa.
- Blood and Tissue Bank. Mercabarna promotes blood donations by once a year allowing a mobile unit from this organisation to be positioned inside the precinct.