www.5aldia.es | Virtual visit
For a healthier and more balanced diet
- The main aim of the ‘Five-a-day’ campaign that started in 1998 is to promote the consumption of fruit and vegetables amongst children and hence in their families and schools.
- The ‘Five-a-day’ campaign is an initiative by the Mercabarna management and the Barcelona and Province Fruit and Vegetable Wholesaler’s Business Association - AGEM.
- The campaign motto refers to the importance of a correct diet for children and the consumption of at least five portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
6,000 participants per year
- Every year some 6,000 children from around Catalonia participate in the Campaign.
- Participants are fourth-year primary schoolchildren at public, private and maintained schools around Catalonia.
- To take part, call 93 336 26 12 or 93 556 20 00 or send an e-mail to: agem at agem.mercabarna.com?subject=5%20al%20dia text agem[@agem.mercabarna.com]
Assignments at school and at Mercabarna
- The highlight of the Campaign is a visit to the Mercabarna facilities.
- In parallel to this visit there are two other complementary activities: a school assignment prior to the visit and another one afterwards.
The ‘Five-a-day’ campaign on the Internet
- The ‘Five-a-day’ campaign has a Web site for children, parents, teachers and those who work in the fruit and vegetable trade: www.5aldia.es
- The Web site has more than 120 files on fruit and vegetables, information about recommended quantities, games and so forth.